Saturday, November 21, 2009

Style Icon!!!! Betty Davis

I can't even lie I recently re-discovered Betty Davis's music and at the first glimpse of her album cover was immediately able the identify with her look and style. She released her debut album in 1973(eleven years before my time).....which many say was ahead of its time. Davis was married to jazz legend Miles Davis and introduced him Jimi Hendrix and his sound. My own mother has had Ms. Davis in her very power feminine collection since then...I think lil me must I looked at the covers so much as a child I must have internalized a lil of her spirit. Whatever it is her rebellious style has inspired many!
Her is an interview with Ms. Davis herself

Another fun fact...she is from Durham NC!







Listen to my personal fave below:


No comments:

Post a Comment